View Single Post
Old 03-28-2023, 01:56 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so dark elf is tank
I mean, anything can theoretically be a tank with enough AC, Stamina and ability to hold threat.

I imagine your strength builds will be Dark Elf though. As well as stamina builds.

Ogre/Dark Elf is a solid choice for tank builds due to the stun immunity and riposte immunity - but it's not as bad unless you're fighting mobs that have stuns... like Rogue mobs that have a 3s stun, Paladin mobs with their short stuns, etc.

My tank will likely be a Dark Elf/Ogre Necro/Warrior.

You'd probably want a Human/x so you have access to transportation beyond east Antonica on your first playthrough as well, plus faction isn't generally terrible that way. Additionally, you can get the spells that are in those locations. My Monk/Shaman is going to be a Human/Halfling, for instance, as Iksar provides no benefit over Human monk except for the HP regen.

Because of how stats scale, Rogue/Bard is a solid pick too. I personally retain a Froglok/Wood Elf Rogue/Bard with Root/Snare immune as well, so I can skip to some areas with the long jump in places where Levitate won't cut it and escape if I need to.

You can always add onto your classes with reincarnation - getting to 30 for the first reincarnation should take maybe a day of casual play at most.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle