View Single Post
Old 03-26-2023, 09:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe my question was more pointed towards how you would treat actual players in a multiplayer setting rather than NPCs. That being said, the thought of going into a school full of NPC children and gunning them down still seems sadistic. Yes I know they aren’t real, but that doesn’t change the fact that you are willingly doing this for enjoyment.

Back when Kunark was first released on live, I was strolling through the Dreadlands on my halfling Druid, when I came upon a fallen Giant. Upon inspection, I noticed there was a Treeweave tunic on him, so I happily took it. Not 3 minutes had passed and I was on my way, when a panicked shout came across my screen. “Please whoever took the Treeweave please give it back, that was intended for my alt”. I remained silent and kept the tunic for myself. Did I feel guilty about it? Not really. Was it theft? Maybe, hard to say.

Now that i am 22 years older, I probably would have given it back. I just feel like it’s the right thing to do, but back then it wasnt happening.
There is no difference between the simulation and you.

I treat everyone the same. Npcs. Pcs. If I can be friends we can become friends in game. And I feel horrible killing the blackburrow gnolls for exp. Although I have done it. Felt guilty. Gone on a rampage in qeynos and surfall.

Honestly. There should be more diplomatic options and quests. Like the honeyymeads for Tumpy. And Farens tackle box. And red wine for neriak. Bandages for halflings. Muffins for the elfs.. etc... and they aught to be more involved getting faction in Runnyeye to buy ingredients and do tradeskills etc and take us up to lvl 50-60.

Eventually finishing up with bringing presents for the Lady Vox. Lord Nagefen. And fire and ice giants.

I'm like this irl to.

No I haven't killed any Hobbits irl. There's no reroll for fucking up hobbit faction. Like I said tho I feel empathy for the gnolls.
Last edited by magnetaress; 03-26-2023 at 09:06 AM..