View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 02:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's a shame, I grew up on playing on two servers one of them being a PvP server. But from an outsider looking in, it looks like your community was so toxic and childish(apparently rampant drug addicts) that the dev's just think to themselves, there just going to do the same thing over again. Wish you the best of luck, I would without a doubt play on a fresh red server, but the problem is if you make it so unpleasant for the majority portion of the population that actually would play the pvp server, then you'd be back to where it is at the moment. Just constantly wanting that tiny window of when the server is palatable before the toxicity ruins it again. Those handful of people with no life, career, family and lives in there moms basement and plays the game 24/7 which is flat out the most pathetic thing I've ever could imagine will always ruin the server. Just like in the animal kingdom predators need prey and maintaining that eco system is most important. So lets play a game, I'm a dev and I do this for free so I want a VERY limited amount of headaches possible given the cirsumstances. Why do you feel you need or deserve a new wipe ?
The server was a success in terms of emulated pvp servers even with how badly the gms handled the server. The rules of this server were terrible, forcing everyone to video everything and petition that was only answered if the person petitioning personally knew a GM. There were also several RMT scandals involving the GMs.

The fact that this server ends in Velious I don't know what people expect. The server was still fun for 4-5 years.... which is amazing for a server that ends with no future expansions even being a possibility. There is no reason to keep these servers open and stuck in Velious forever. You either develop future expansions or do some sort of seasons or recycle like every other game.

This server has the best coding of any classic-velious servers as far as the pve experience. It has the worst people running it when it comes to rules and a vision of what to do with it.