View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 04:37 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I sent a PM directly to nilbog, his argument was that XP bonuses exist on red that didn't on blue - and I think that's a fair assessment given that red is basically risk-free leveling.
While that may be a fair assessment today, for a large portion of Red's history, risk-free leveling was not the case, especially not in the upper levels. The XP bonus existed partly to encourage play on Red and partly to offset the unique challenge of leveling while constantly at risk.

I never personally agreed with the XP bonus (it is why I quit the server the first time), but I would disagree with the notion that the XP bonus is a good argument for disallowing transfers. Both Red and Blue are flooded with max level characters that makes the XP difference largely irrelevant, and Red does have its own unique challenges that make leveling more difficult even with the XP bonus: a limited item market, very few XP groups, and inconsistent access to ports for easy travel.

Although I enjoyed my time playing on all three p99 servers, including Red, there was a time when I hoped for transfers from Red to Blue to 'rescue' a defunct character. I see the appeal.

I somehow think it's unlikely, though - even if I think the XP argument is a poor one.