View Single Post
Old 03-30-2023, 09:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I summited every Cascade peak but Baker in my twenties, plus Whitney which isn't a volcano. Never made it out to Colorado's peaks... I never found Rocky Mtn peaks all that scenic compared to the West coast's volcanoes which are awesome because they really tend to dwarf the surrounding terrain.

Climbing Shasta is a religious experience and I can totally see why every group from Squanto to New Age Meth Oracles think the mountain is inhabited by trans-dimensional spirit creatures. It just has a mystical aura, you can feel it, like a strange energy.
Headed out to Yosemite for the first time in late June. Waiting for the Half Dome lottery draw next week. Also planning on doing Clouds Rest and the 4 mile trail to Glacier Point and down Panorama.

Staying right there in the valley at Curry Village.

Any must-see / dos along the way? I'm renting a car from San Diego (im there for business the week prior) and driving north, then driving to San Fran (may swing south a bit and hit Santa Cruz / drive up Rt 1 North to san fran).