View Single Post
Old 01-26-2024, 11:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not do both? Your black and white binary either or thinking isn't indicative of a mind open enough to do rigorous science without great bias.
I believe i have addressed that magnet. I said faith. I just dont have faith that the stories mentioned in the various "bibles" are compelling enough. That is not to say i believe they are wrong, i just dont have "faith" in them. That is OK by me. It should be ok with you as well.

So lemme put it another way.
I have more trust in science even if im too stupid to fully understand it on a completely technical level. But i trust the mechanisms by which those conclusions are drawn (from my rudimentary simplistic understanding) are more compelling than the story.
He did it. In 6 days!! Then had a day of rest. Blah etc.

I can analogize that to.

Bigbang (god) created in "6" days (even at C, great distances can take 144hrs to complete)

Rest day (universe cools, relaxes elements form whatever)

To the dumbarse mind of prehistory this would have been unintelligable. Much easier to create metaphors (see greek and roman and norse gods) to describe and attribute great happenings.

Reading your "god did it" books today is just as unintelligable (to me) but that does not mean its wrong. Only that i dont believe (have faith in) it. I can live with that.
Can you live with me believing that?