View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 09:23 PM
Sarnak

I must agree completely that the melee system here seems... off. Perhaps it is an intentional way to keep things challenging, but it is certainly there.

As the poster has stated and myself have noticed, it seems almost like weapon skill has NO BEARING on your chance to land hits, nor does your level in comparison to the mob. For example as a low level cleric, fighting mobs in Butcher Block, from level 1-6 I made no progress in the rate that I was able to kill the level 1 skeleton mobs except when upgrading the damage of my weapon or throwing spells into the mix.

I use a cracked 2h staff which hits for a maximum of 10 at the moment, however even on green con level 1 skeletons, being 5 levels higher than them, a majority of my hits are either A) Complete Misses, or B) Only hit for 1 point of damage.

I have a very clear recollection of how the game was in '99, and I think this issue needs to be addressed asap. The con system seems to have absolutely no bearing on the difficulty of encounters here because of this flawed melee system . I've had to run from blue con fights due to an overwhelming amount of complete misses in combat which certainly should not happen when you engage a blue with full health/mana.

-Ruinous
Cleric of Brell Serilis