View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 10:19 PM
Orc

Seems this thread has been dead a while.
Well, anyway, I am new to P99. Just registered last night. I've been searching high and low (mostly low) for ways to get this baby to work for me (and have searched the forums as well).
I downloaded a fresh install of EQ Titanium Edition as per instruction.
I downloaded the EQemu launcher.
I checked and double checked my files to make sure everything is where it is supposed to be.
But I am still having difficulty logging in.
Maybe it's because I don't seem to be able to locate a eqhost.txt file anywhere on my computer.
I might have a unique situation. I have a folder on my desktop called EQEMU where I have the EQemu launcher downloaded, but the actual EQ game is in a folder in my public files under "Sony Online Entertainment/Installed games/EverQuest". See, I used to play on Fippy Darkpaw a year ago, and still had the game downloaded. I uninstalled and reinstalled, of course, but I'm back to where I started, as far as my files go. It wouldn't let me put it into the EQEMU folder. So, I said, have it your way, Everquest!

Could having two different folders be causing my problem? Yeah, that's a newb question to some of the more experienced players out there. But curiosity begs me to ask.

Finally, I can get into the launcher and the log in screen just fine. When I enter my loginserver account name and password it says, "Please Wait... Loading game..." ad-infinitum. Forever, and ever and ever... never logs in. Again, I have to surmise that there being no eqhost.txt file ANYWHERE may be causing some of my problems. Any ideas?
Yeah, I know that's a lot, but I am in desperate need of help here. I've got some serious problems.
I hope I can figure it out or someone here can help. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Shawnleroy27; 06-16-2013 at 10:25 PM..