View Single Post
Old 08-19-2022, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You put the damage shield on the Enchanter pet (or whatever tank in a group). Your Ogre Brain strikes yet again.
Big yikes insulting people. You shouldn't be so aggressive when trying to make points. I made a simple mistake and thought she was talking about pet DPS. Unlike yourself, I can admit when I made a mistake[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] DS won't matter much on a slowed mob though, so it's still heavily dependent on the situation.

Muzzles are irrelevant in an Enchanter/Enchanter/Cleric group, because Tolapumj's Robe is just so cheap. If you want to maximize DPS, you would be using those.

My Shaman does around 35 DPS, so honestly not that much lower than the 40-50 number thrown around. The extra mana saving is going to help your party more by reducing downtime than a bit of extra DPS. The 35 DPS number I am getting is taking into account the fact that I am also doing healing/slowing while face tanking. If I could just do damage without needing to do that due to Enchanter pets tanking, the number would be higher. I could JBB click while DoTs are ticking, or stack more DoTs. Remember, a Torpor Shaman can consistently deal spell damage due to how quickly the regain mana, while a Mage would need to meditate if they are trying to nuke often.

Before level 60 Mage is better, but with Torpor a Shaman is just going to be better for this group. The Enchanter pets are putting out enough DPS. The question is how often can you prevent charm issues, and how consistent can you be. An extra 5-10 DPS isn't going to save your group from bad luck, or med breaks.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-19-2022 at 10:12 AM..