View Single Post
Old 04-13-2022, 04:49 PM
Orc

Default Sleeper being awoken tonight (April 13th)

The Sleeper is being awoken tonight, on P99 Green, by Seal Team

This is a post to inform the many people who I imagine want to watch or participate in this event, since it only happens once per server

Seal Team will be in Sleeper's Tomb around 8 or 9pm ET. Waking the Sleeper will take some time, and I'm not sure how long the script itself lasts, but I would suggest being online before 9pm ET if you want to watch or participate. I cannot confirm, but I am hoping Level Up Larry will be streaming the event. You can find his stream here

Seal Team will also be attempting to kill Kerafyrm himself, and is welcoming all who want to share in that attempt. If you would like to join in that attempt, reach out to a Seal Team member in game and head to Skyshrine. We'll need epic clerics and buffers to help with the corpse cannoning, epic mages to pre corpse epics, and melees who are willing to die repeatedly. There may be other roles to be filled as well.

I fully understand that many people are against the waking of the sleeper. For what it's worth, there has been a ton of discussion on this, and Seal Team (including both leadership and regular members) has been very split. A large poll was taken, and the sentiments were all over the place. For what it's worth, I voted to keep it sleeping, at least for now. However, this is an event I have wanted to participate in for 20 years, and I will not be missing it. I hope you are all able to attend.

Many of you may not be aware, but there was a waking-the-sleeper "scare" a few weeks ago. An anonymous person, in the middle of the night, created a discord channel and invited many keyed members from both in and outside Seal Team. It is unclear who created this discord, or what their intentions were, but many of the people who joined it were ready to wake the sleeper in the middle of the night. While today is not the day that I wanted the sleeper to wake, I would have been devastated had it happened in the middle of the night, without myself or many others being able to witness it. For many Seal Team members, that fear of missing out on this once in a life time event, was the reason why they wanted to schedule it and be a part of it.

I hope you can understand that this is an event many players like myself have looked forward to from the day they created their level 1 characters, regardless of loot, or guild politics, or anything like that.