Thread: Game Mechanics: Sneak pulling revisited
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

Interesting post for sure, it is interesting to see the FD comment on the memblur aspect. It says hitting FD 6 times results in the mob only having an 8% chance of remembering you. I have never seen this on P99 since the sneak changes, I have tried popping and dropping a ton to split yet seems like your chances of memblurring decrease with each drop (opposite of what was described). I wind up having to let the mobs reset and try again (I've since used reverse yo-yo pulling with great success).

On the sneak pulling from a rogue perspective, it is very curious. The only specific instance he gave was the KC basement, and I've never been there so don't know how the mobs are spaced out and if those mobs social each other on live or what.

He seems to say early that if a mob has social agro sneaking will do nothing to help, but then contradicts that saying some mobs he was 'told were social' (who knows if this is true) he can sneak pull them right through each other.

For instance in the Hole, rats and undead don't social with elementals but I could see how some people thought they would. If a rogue was pulling from jail and out past castle he may pull a rat and sneak/hide past a few elemental spawns and think his sneaking negated the agro, when in truth they wouldn't have agroed anyways.

Still some good research, more specifics on what mobs were pulled through what would be more convincing in my opinion (and what level the puller was).