View Single Post
Old 05-02-2023, 11:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having never played an enchanter before I feel it is important to understand how the class works as you level. Giving someone a fresh 50+ enchanter and saying GO is a recipe for a bad time.

PLing a character up is great, but doing so for an enchanter in this way (as in you will basically not learn shit all how to properly play them) isn't great.

If you had played an enchanter previously and knew exactly how to play them, then yah go hard, but doing this type of PL for your FIRST enchanter i feel is a terrible idea. Save the dragon tooth for a rogue or something [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do tend to agree with this. A friend PL'd me an enchanter and I had never played the class (having only played a monk/warrior previously). I got to 40 and it was real rough. I think when i went solo i lost like 2 levels from all the deaths.

That being said, you do learn to play it eventually. So getting a super fast level for an enchanter then eating some deaths before you learn the ropes is still much faster.