View Single Post
Old 05-27-2023, 10:13 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With the amount of guild breakups that happen on this server it leads me to wonder if perhaps something is inherently wrong with the raid scene. The list of guild diverges and descendants leads me to speculate why this happens so much. My speculation is that the raid scene is so high pressure and anxiety producing, that it inevitably leads to toxic, overbearing guild leaders. Every guild that has been created may have started with good intentions, but it inevitably breaks down and becomes toxic over time. This toxicity coming from guild leadership leads to a guild breaking up and the members breaking off to form their own guild that will "be better", "more pleasant", "faster" etc. but than over time these new leaders become toxic as well, continuing the cycle of toxicity. What do you think? Is the raid scene toxic? Will the cycle ever end? Is there any way that the raid scene could be fixed?
As one of the more casual raiders on green 99(not my guild, me personally). I have seen that the drama is actually pretty well handled between officers on the god damn UN discord or whatever. There's definitely a large chunk of players in each guild that play way too much and treat it like gang wars, but mostly mature adults. Unless we are "racing" to a target, I always offer ports and buffs to opposing raid guilds.