View Single Post
Old 08-12-2022, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I loaded the Bratavar video so I could see what the fuss was over.....and I don't see the fuss. He pulled a perfectly normal way, with two burrowers on one side, and too many roamers, including at least one roamer dragon, on the other side. The dragons have extremely large assist range so you need to stay unusually well clear of them. The pathing around there also tends to favor the east/west tracks for some reason so once it gets crowded it tends to stay crowded for a bit. That was a bit of a dice roll pulling it right when he did--I suspect he knew he was making a video and got a little impatient--and taking it a ways north was the smart thing to do in that circumstance.

The most irritating thing about the video was the constant use of third person easymode view and while it rubs me wrong I can hardly crucify him for that since probably most folks on P99 use it. Play first person like the game was meant to be played! I don't use mousewheel, I use first-person and F9 like intended.

Danth
Thanks for checking out the video!

He is simply making a fuss because he wants to prove how much of a "pro gamer" he is. I am not sure why he wants to do that, and he is failing at it miserably. I think he just got angry in the "most underpowered" class thread, and is bringing that anger here.

As I have said before, my videos are not perfect, and their intent is not to show hard core gaming at it's finest. They show how the game works, and a good strategy for beating WW Dragons. You are correct when you surmise that I do get impatient from time to time when making these videos. I'd rather get a clean video done, even if it isn't 100% perfect, as opposed to shooting it over again, especially for a video that is showcasing a 20 minute fight.

None of Zuranthium's suggestions would improve these videos in any significant way, as shown by the video I made showcasing his "DPS strategy". He will continue to make silly "criticisms" I am sure, but none of them will hold water. I would be happy to see his "pro gaming" strategies in a video, so we can all learn how to Shaman better. But he won't.