View Single Post
Old 03-09-2023, 02:55 AM
Fire Giant

I haven't played Paladin past mid levels yet, but I've played the others well into the 50's if not 60. They are all fun, imho.

SK is my currently favorite. In addition to FD, snare and their various combos, you also get instant invis which is very addictive. You can really explore anywhere and kill with impunity as an SK and the solo game ain't half bad either. Great snap aggro and access to evil races is also super fun.

Ranger is really fun outdoors, but suffers significantly indoors. Track is amazing, as are Harmony and SoW. I made a small fortune using them to good effect. Archery is also a refreshing side hustle to experiment with. Access to Root and Snare is very handy, esp. if you tank while leveling. The fun drops a bit mid 50's when outdoor mobs/zones start to be less relevant and the poor returns on AC for Ranger really start to make face tanking difficult.

Bard is super powerful. Selo's means you can travel everywhere at light speed. Huge kit of spells and lots of random abilities and items (eg illusions) to leverage. AoE and Charm kiting will take you to 60 in no time, but are very one note (less so with charm kiting). Like Ranger, it suffers indoors, but with Lull/Charm/Mez/AoE Snare you can still do good work with some skill and know how. If you're into meleeing, however, this isn't the best road for you.

Paladin seems like a fun group tank with Lull/Root/Snap Aggro and healing, but I haven't made it there yet.