View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 02:59 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Vid of unsupervised bot

I decided to do a quest for RP and exploration instead of XP and plat on my new wizard. I needed to talk to Tindo Frugrin to try to get a lens for Tobon Starpyre in Ak'Anon but Tindo was locked down by a player's bot. For 45 mins, I politely asked the player to let me talk to Tindo but they never responded and every time Tindo spawned the bot sent its pet through the door to attack. I even died from Tindo's AOE when I tried to talk to him and asked the player if they were botting but they never responded. I logged out for 8 hrs or so and then logged back in and they were still there. When Tindo spawned, I tried to talk to him but the bot sent its pet through the door again. A few minutes after that, they finally sent me a tell and said they were distracted by their nephew.

I lost my original tell windows because my client crashed when I installed Fraps. I recorded the last 3 kills though for anyone who cares to take a look. The kills are at 1:20, 8:20, and 15:20. If you watch the video you'll see the player never moves, always performs the same sequence of commands with the same timing, and doesn't respond to my tell (even though they had recently contributed to my death and I've never met them before).

https://www.metacafe.com/watch/12073...botter-audena/