View Single Post
Old 03-21-2024, 01:23 PM
Aviak

I'm super excited to dive back in after a long break, but stumbling upon a recent(ish) call for a reset brings up mixed feelings haha. Lately, I've noticed a few similar discussions popping up on Reddit too (thanks to google tracking all my data probably haha).

I can't deny that the prospect of a fresh start, especially with everyone in the game, is always exhilarating (in any game really). It sparks ambition and sets the imagination racing with thoughts of new goals and revisiting old activities with more grit and skill.

Soo anyway, this might be a bit of a stretch, but perhaps worth considering -- that if the typical lifespan of a server is usually a few years, then a reset soon might align well with an official release of Monsters & Memories. They are making strides with development since I looked last!! and I suspect everyone in this community (even the p1999 devs) will want to spend a solid amount of time exploring that to the fullest.

Regardless, it would be great to have some advance notice before a reset, whenever it might happen. People from all walks of life would surely appreciate having time to prepare and confirmation that the progress of the past few months won't just vanish (yes, some selfish thoughts there lol).

That said, I can only imagine that planning, announcing, and executing such a significant change to the servers and population comes with countless nuances and challenges. So far, though, it's clear that all the big decisions made in the past have been for the best -- with the lights still on and the skeletons still cackling in 2024, this is all pretty great =)
Last edited by solidious77; 03-21-2024 at 01:26 PM..