Thread: About red 1.0
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2022, 05:26 PM
Banned

Yeah, the only thing that fucked up red imo is that first year of xp loss. We started with 600 players on launch (i remember cuz it struck me, like wow looking good) and then by the time devs reacted, removed it, it was single digit pop at nite. Way too late. And a month or 2 later xp was nerfed and half the pop that we gained with removal of xp loss quit. We would maybe get these 600 players for launch, maybe more with people on blue and green bored with the raid/camps work on pve servers and this time, if the server isnt a grief fest like red was for its first year, keep at least part of that.

Realistically, 1.0 setup is good, doesnt require any additional work from devs and should probably be what they go for in a new server. The only thing that sucks with the setup is people will never get to see what a thriving Gfay looks like. You need item loot for that. But item loot needs a revamp if were going to make it work for 2022 and i dont see it happening here.

Teams requires a bunch of meddling to balance things out and dont think devs (bless their hearts) are up for it. It would be fun to try for sure but its a risky gamble where 1.0 setup is a safe bet. P99 never got a pvp server that worked (first with xp loss, then after with its crippled pop) and it would be bad IMO to throw that chance out on a risky setup.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 05-29-2022 at 05:34 PM..