View Single Post
Old 12-22-2022, 03:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I kind of curious why anyone likes the Red Server. The server would suggest that it's not very popular, but there are some very vocal proponents here in the forums. I suspect some of these people no longer actually play and are only forum trolls at this point, but still I find it quite interesting. PVP is not my thing. I don't like getting ganked/griefed by high level ultra geared players with nothing better to do, but bully people off of their server. Just curious what you people find, so enticing about it? I would rather cooperate with people and form bonds together taking down high level NPCs. It's a lot more fun to me than ganking or getting ganked by other people. Posting a poll, but feel free to post a open answer.
red servers > blue servers. EQ has the best pvp of any game I've played. Requires skill, ability to think on your feet and adapt, ganking, hunting people, fighting over camps, griefing. Haven't found another game that comes close to the enjoyment of EQ pvp on pvp servers. I wouldn't recommend the P99 red server anymore though. It's just turned into abunch of blue pussies all joining 1 giant zerg guild just for pixels. It's not even really a pvp server anymore, just blue 2.0. Pretty much everyone that couldn't get pixels on blue came over to red to all hold hands and do blue stuff. Before the server really died the pvp would always be 80 <nihilum> players vs 20 <whatever opposition guild was popular at the time>. even though nihilum got wrecked, you just didn't have enough mana/bodies to compete.

short version: wait till next red server