View Single Post
Old 06-30-2022, 12:20 PM
Banned

Thumbs down Rant: Why create bad game design on purpose?

Example:-

Guise of the Deceiver

• Some players have it.
  • Some players don't have it.
  • Some players will always have it.
  • Some players will never have it.

Bad game design.

Why create a system like that when you don't need to?

Why intentionally create two classes of players in an environment in which you can create equal rights?

How is a player creating an account before another player worthy of a permanent advantage?

Why would anybody invest any serious time into something in which they are permanently disadvantaged no matter what they do and others are permanently advantaged for doing nothing special?

It's dreadful game design which is done on purpose. Why?

It's like creating a game where some players (normal regular players) are permanently stuck on level 1 and other players (normal regular players) are level 60.

It's absurd. Why create a game like that on purpose when you don't need to? Why create another universe which mimics the elitest one you're meant to be escaping from?

There's absolutely no point in playing if you can't get what the other players can get. There's no point playing if you're a permanent 2nd class player no matter what you do.

If you told me that these players who have these OP and extra fun pre-nef items did something extra special then I might understand but they didn't. They play the game just like everybody else does but got rewarded extra. No extra skill was required. No extra thought was required. No extra kindness to others was required. These players didn't help anybody but themselves. They simply logged in and got free loot which is no longer available to anybody else.

How is that good game design? How is that fair?

It's not exactly very welcoming to new players. Why do you penalise new players just for being new? Why do you reward old players who are no different than new players?

Where is the logic?

Where is the balance?

Where is the equality?

How can anybody defend such a system without laughing?

Have you no shame?

If the devs want to give themselves special rewards which nobody else has then they should just be honest about it and do it and not create a permanent rift between players just to cover it up.

That way when I ask why you you have an item I can't have you can reply, "Because I'm a dev and you're not..." which is much better than me asking you why you have an item I can't have and you saying "cuz i creted mi account 1 day bfore you. lulz ok boomer. me iksar nekro too bcuz iksar nekro beter dan all nekro lol now me da best too"

It's no wonder Verant was despised.

Bad games design immortalised on P99.