View Single Post
Old 12-31-2022, 01:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AffEcT [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the early days of Red 1999, there were two top guilds who were engaged in fierce competition over content.
This made the server incredibly active and exciting.
Thats not how i remember it. When the server launched, i had no idea they would go with xp loss in pvp. I logged in, started playing and went what... ? When they blocked Guk in the swamp, i tried to rally everyone in the zone to go in and try to engage them. No one wanted to because of xp loss, this would be a recurring dynamic. No one pvp'd. It was nothing like Rallos, night and day.

I remember just before quitting the first time during kunark, it took me more than 15 raptor kills to make up for one pvp death.

Once i pleaded with staff for months to remove it and nothing happened, i half gave up and told myself well, what else can i do? I can see the zones i never did on live. So i joined Nihilum. We would sit for weeks unchallenged in fear and i pointed this out on the forums. I remember some angry nerd shouting funnily at me on voice "YOU NEVER GO AGAINST THE GUUUUUILLD"

What needed to happen is smaller guilds getting fed up with nihilum, making a truce to go in there and challenge nihilum. Its xp loss that prevented that, no the training ban.

I agree its resource intensive for GMs to enforce it, but i dont see a successful server without it. The same 80 people playing right now training themselves, maybe.