View Single Post
Old 03-18-2023, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know that Necro and Mages are kind of the best for killing greens / lower level mobs like guards or mobs inside Droga, stuff that drops FS weapons or nice vendor loot.

But I was wondering, how well can Shamans do that?

I'm considering making a Shaman and would like to get it to 60 and use it as a main character that farms and makes money with etc. However, I also know it will be a long time before lvl 60, and even longer time before I can afford things like a Fungi Tunic or Torpor etc.

So I'm wondering what if it would be better to first make a Mage or Necro and use that to farm myself a lot of plat through vendor loot camps? Or if an undergeared Shaman can farm plat camps pretty well also?

I always see people mentioning that Shamans and Enchanters are the best farming characters in the game. But whenever Shaman is mentioned, its like an end-game character Shaman that already has 100's of hours of playtime into it.

So I'm curious what they're like in the 45-55 level range, without all the expensive spells and gear?
What are options do they have for making money?
Would a Necro or Mage of the same level just blow a Shaman out of the water in regards to making plat?
Shamans are fine, but enchanters can do it better and for much cheaper.