View Single Post
Old 03-17-2023, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think we're in agreement on the goal of classic mechanics. Make channeling rates classic. Make charm resists classic. I'm for it.

I know you find it implausible but I expect p99 style charming will survive updates that make p99 mechanics more classic. The classic guides we've seen here seem to support it: some enchanter guides not keeping a charmed pet suggesting poor tactics, but here a guide with better tactics saying it works great to keep a pet.
If they "nerfed" charming so much that people didn't solo charm (or charm in groups) that would be the opposite of my goal. My goal is classic EQ, and there is clear evidence that some people did charm in classic.

There is space between "every Enchanter charms, mostly while soloing, and in the rare cases when they group ... they also charm" (basically how it is on P99 now) and "Enchanters never charm". We have a wealth of evidence that classic EQ fell somewhere in that space.

P.S I personally want to main an Enchanter in Green 2.0, and I want to solo a good portion of the time with them. I just don't want P99 easy mode when I do it; I want the classic challenge.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.