View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 05:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kani [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
August 1999 My first 5 minutes went like this: Created a Wood Elf, took a few steps forward and , "LOADING, PLEASE WAIT." The gamma was turned down on my video card settings, so I didn't realize that I was standing like 5 steps from the edge of a platform. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best post ever ^

Started sometime in the fall of 1999 while at my first duty station in the AF..Keesler AFB. A co-worker showed it me the game- I was hooked until they changed the trolls and introduced the frogloks taking over Grobb. I got overly into the lore at the time and was really pissed off that happened. I quit a few months or so afterwards. I don't rememeber the exact dates.
-Mortiis was my troll shammy toon on the Tallen Zek pvp server back then. Rolled Ihsahnn Troll SK, Sammoth Troll war

Played a few MMO's following all of that- None compared to EQ. They still don't.
I first saw WoW in England and thought it looked like a cartoon.

Despite all the forum ass to mouth bickering back and forth- it's just great to play like the old days. A big thank you goes out to those who put this all together and those that have helped out along the way with both creation and in game.
Last edited by Mortiis; 11-06-2013 at 05:35 PM..