View Single Post
Old 08-19-2022, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I saved up every penny I had to buy Torpor, first and foremost. (I had epic already at level 54).

I did not buy Malo, Pox, Bane until after I bought Torpor, because Torpor is the real money-making spell. As long as you've got some time, you can kill just about any plat camp with torpor + curse of the spirits at 60. When you get some cash from that stuff, sell it and buy other spells.

Also -- can join a raiding guild and convince them to hit targets like Harla Dar, get a group for emporer chottal, sebilite juggernauts, protector, etc... Spells also drop frequently in VP.

Theres no easy / short answer. Takes a lot of dedication to be a shaman.
I agree, Torpor is at top of the list.

The priority list of expensive spells to buy looks like this. 1 being the best:

1. Torpor
2. Malo
3. Cannibalize 4
4. Spirit of the Howler
5. Pox
6. Bane

The rest of the spells you can't buy from merchants are generally cheap enough, or can be bought whenever.

The only caveat I have to this is if you are saving for Torpor at level 60, you may want to get Malo first. If you are a level 60 Shaman with Malo, you can still get in to money camps like Fungi Tunic camp and Ixiblat Fer without Torpor.