View Single Post
Old 05-30-2022, 04:53 AM
Banned

Thanks for the effort of posting that great dane. Its the first post i read that makes me think i could flip on FFA vs teams. This is why i created this thread and good reads so far. Im not there yet though. The problem i see with teams vs FFA is that with teams the pop is hard locked behind 3 teams.

Yes in FFA theres often (always?) a dominant guild but from what ive seen on red, at least the first year, is that xp loss in pvp sort of funnelled things into that state of affairs. Nihilum could just sit in fear forever and no one would challenge them because no one wanted to eat xp death, it was that bad. But with no xp loss, smaller guilds can guerilla fuck with bigger guilds, if your guild leaders are toxic assholes, a part of that guild can break away and start something else. This is what heartbrand tried to do with red dawn when there was basically only nihilum and lite's inner council's loot pinata as options. I guess you could raid with 2 guilds on teams but it makes everything more complicated. If heartbrand and the others who started red dawn are in the dominant guild's team, theres not alot of options. Once again typing something leads to another thought. What do you do with raiding on the same team? One more thing to manage (raid target locks) for devs.

I do like the argument that you always have something to fall back on with teams though.