View Single Post
Old 01-30-2023, 08:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah a gnome cleric with some sick charisma would be probably the best little dungeon ninja there ever was.
That's sort of what I mained on Green in the early days NGL

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(screenshotted this because we got 3 hooded black cloaks in like 30 minutes -- this was back when this was an expensive and coveted item -- 30 minutes sounds extreme, but Dhamp has a chance to respawn at 8PM and 6AM no matter what).

I didn't put all of my points into Charisma although I probably should have. The low wisdom on Gnome felt irrelevant and I eventually realized I was better off using armor / hp gear for solo'ing in Lower Guk since I was never full mana anyways. My Cleric could solo a lot of the camps in Guk with lull (again, this is where Charisma would come in to play). Being able to see through walls and actually see what was up gave me an edge since Clerics didn't have invis, but also being able to tell the people I was duo'ing with what mobs rares were up from across the map was kind of cool, and to let them know where other players were or where they were moving (yes, camps were kind of like a free for all in those days).

I still have an easier time breaking some camps with my Cleric than I do on my Shaman simply because of Lull. Shaman not having Lull and not having a pet up when you have to invis into a camp can make for a dangerous situation. Cleric just /target and lull from a mile away and then nuke stuff down really fast several minutes apart to the turn the camps into ez farms. And in Lower Guk in particular I could just bind directly outside, gate if something went wrong and then IVU back to my camp rapidly.