View Single Post
Old 07-19-2023, 01:56 PM
Orc

I played chanter during Velious. I rermember not charming in groups because the resist rates were high because we were almost always pulling yellows and reds and a resisted charm was a death sentence.

For example. HHK Goblins was split into like 3-4 camps? Entire full groups would hold down a couple spawns so the time between pulls was long so it made no sense to charm anyways, but even if we could, you're an entire group not slaughters blues non-stop. You're an entire group killing a small amount of yellows and reds.

I feel like on p99 most groups are more level centrict to the content. On live we killed the highest level shit we could get away with. There was no efficiency to it. Because people did that a lot, the camps were smaller due to it taking more time to kill mobs anyways.

I feel like that general gameplay leads people to believe the game was "harder" back then. It may have been in some ways but not others.

On p99, unless you're murdering things at the right pace people will notice and change things around because we know whats' efficient now.