View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 10:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They're just two entirely different beasts.

I liked them both for what they were...but for Chob to say top end raiders would never make it in EQ yet EQ players could raid top end WoW is just completely backwards. Raided for 5+ years on P99 and killed every boss in WoW in top end progression guilds from Day 1 Vanilla through end of WotLK...the only "difficult" thing about P99 is the insane amount of man hours to compete.

Its hard to imagine how some P99ers even tie their shoes in the morning.
The legit insane people are the guild/raid leaders. The highest level raiding I did was in Elder Scrolls Online, for one specific score-push group I was in. The amount of shit I had to prepare was crazy and I had comparatively little responsibility as a full-parse DPS, mainly do damage and don't die. The tanks/healers and support DPS had a ton of stuff to coordinate and our raid leader pouring over the logs and trying to optimize the shit out of every last trash pull to shave a few seconds off our time was nuts. Like I was a top-end, top 1% DPS but I had a tiny fraction of the amount of knowledge he had about the game.