View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You aren't even Consumers if you want to be all technical about it.

The Ultimate "Respect" a Developer can have for their "Consumer" is to just ignore the "Consumer" entirely and to keep a tight Development group of testers/devs creating what they created to begin with.. Not you. Consumers always try to take credibility where they have none.
Wow that's a lot of caps there. I don't go to a Mechanic when my car breaks down, I go to a mechanic. A developer is just another type of worker.

Are you a dev? You work in a professional shop? I do, and if some dev said what you said everyone would be like this guy is retarded. That's because consumers drive development. We don't build software so we can appreciate it, we build it so people can use it. And we're super responsive to our customers because without them we are mere hobbyists. If consumers say they don't like a button placement we hop right on it. If the consumers tell us it loads too slow, we speed it up. And if we can't do it, we patiently explain why and offer alternatives.

I'm just providing a professional viewpoint here. Like if you have a going concern that is interested in profits, then that's how you act. I understand p99 is a private effort staffed by volunteers and is operated on a hobby-level of support, maintenance and communication. I'm perfectly fine with that and have no higher expectations and I'm grateful for it's very existence.

I'm just taking a strong position over the generalization presented above.