Thread: SK Race Choice
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2024, 08:47 PM
Fire Giant

Greenmist isn't anything special for players who can raid. For casuals who never raid, it's pretty nice, but still not even the best 1h ratio. Two tradeable weapons have a better ratio. They just don't have any stats. Still, Greenmist isn't anything more than a decent and vaguely inonic item. At the end of the day, as much as weapon ratio doesn't matter that much for a hybrid tank, nor does it make a world of difference if you have a little more resists. In grouping or soloing, killing a mob slightly faster will often result in the same amount of "damage avoided" as higher resists, because resists do literally nothing whatsoever against non-caster mobs which make up the vast majority of what you'd be fighting solo or in groups. And if you raid, Greenmist should not be your end-station goal anyway. For that reason, it's not a gamechanger for anybody. If you raid, there are much better weapons. If you don't raid, are you really fighting so many fucking caster mobs that the resists truly make a difference? Come on.

Mind you, MDS tends to cost more than a casual player can really justify spending on a weapon as an SK, and Shard of Night looks so dumb that I'm prepared to disqualify it on that basis alone. You've got your fear-themed tank in scary plate armor with skulls and shit, and then you run around poking at things with this absurdly tiny dagger. Nobody will respect you. Everyone who sees you that way will be thinking, "okay, the weapon is good, but my god does he look like an absolute cunt."

So on that basis, I suppose Greenmist is the most stylish 1h weapon available to non-raiders. It does show that you have some pizzazz. Well, it makes you look like a bloody mall ninja, but this is P99 and anyone who claims to be socially suave is full of shit because we're all nerds of the highest order.

Also, ogre is the best race unless you're playing SSF.
Last edited by greatdane; 03-09-2024 at 09:02 PM..