Thread: Know your role
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2022, 09:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry, hope I don’t come across as too sociopathic with this line of thinking, but like I said, I think more people do this than you think, especially younger people
Not the word I'd use, no. We're very different people obviously. I never dated with sex as a main priority, never had any interest in "hook ups" or "flings," just isn't how my mind is wired. I understood, if nebulously, even as a kid that physical intimacy comes with long-term relationships as part of the package. I only ever dated for the purpose of finding a potential wife.

I've known some people who were relegated to an obvious "back up" status at various times. Millennials for whatever reason seem way more prone to such things. My advice has always been, grow some self respect, don't let yourself be mistreated so badly, find someone else. Seems to me that a relationship with a "back up," who isn't preferred by definition, must be more likely to fail.