View Single Post
Old 01-04-2024, 10:33 PM
Fire Giant

Kind of depends on the era. Hybrids are actually easy SSF. I think I'll go Ranger just because they are shitty indoors and start being terrible at face tanking in the 50's. This limits what items / camps you have available to you.

Ranger was actually my starting char and first 50 on Green and I soloed a lot, but I did my leveling before the Velious fixes QoL fixes, so maybe stuff like Panic Animal is enough of a game changer.

SK is definitely a face roll but in classic & kunark the multiplicative exp pen is a real slog, so the argument could be made it's just a lot more grinding depending on the era / race.

Paladin 1-50 is basically a warrior with heals, buffs, lull and root, so like that's pretty good. But I can see low DPS as a big limiting factor, esp. 50+. One day I need to actually play a Paladin.

Is SSF Wizard that good? I personally power leveled mine mostly, but know life is rough if your mana pool sucks. It is super unfun and limited but yes once you're quadding you can auto pilot exp for the most part.

How is SSF Monk? With Kunark it must be fine once you get a decent weapon, but before then it seems kind of terrible. Human Classic life in particular sounds rough. Bandages cost money, you can't bow kite, and looting hurts your AC.
Last edited by Keebz; 01-04-2024 at 10:38 PM..