View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 01:55 PM
Kobold

I picked up a copy of The Hobbit at the high school library. My brother in law (then my sister's boyfriend) told me if I liked the Hobbit I should try EQ, since it had halflings, trolls, dragons, etc. I picked it up shortly after Kunark came out, and played on Prexus. Of course, it took me forever to choose my first character, playing most of the classes for at least a level or two. I finally settled one a dark elf wizard (Ravenlok Von`Croft) in June of 2000. I remember really wanting to get into the storyline of my character, who I decided was banished from Neriak after killing a guard in self defense. I followed up by ruining my Neriak faction and building one up in Qeynos (handing in snake skins). I quit around level 32 or so (wasn't at all happy with PoP, which pretty much gave everyone the ability to port and just made the game too easy), but returned in 2006 after trying out an Iksar SK on the Test server. Got Xarsith up to level 65 before I stopped playing again in 2007. Love being back!