View Single Post
Old 09-20-2022, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm going to just respectfully agree to disagree here. Even if you use the 300 number for "hardcore raiders" which I suspect it's probably a bit less than that. Many of those 300 are just warmbodies that are only in those guilds cause its the ONLY WAY to actually participate in high value endgame raiding. But even granting that 300. If you have 1000 players on the server at peak (rough estimate here) and you take 300 hardcore raiders and you make a change to make endgame more approachable to the majority of the server. Out of those 300 I can 100% guarantee that not 100% of those 300 people are going to go "Well this server sucks now I quit". I'd guess probably like 30% of those raiders may quit? That's being kind of generous I think? You're talking about losing less than 100 players at peak. The casuals not participating in endgame at all right now aren't going to start participating cause it becomes more approachable then get a few pieces of gear and go "Well I'm bored of the game I've been playing for 5+ years now cause I got some raid loot".

Just the way I see it. No way to really prove this one way or another without trying it. The comparison to TLP's doesn't really work I don't think. There's a lot of differences between P99 and TLP that change things. I certainly don't think P99 staff will ever entertain making changes like this though. People have been begging for changes like this for a decade and nothing has substantially changed so this conversation is ultimately pointless.
As you say, there is no way to know for sure until you try it. I am simply saying mistakes are harder to fix on P99 due to the barriers of entry and lower amount of new players coming in. I am not trying to claim that all of the raiders will leave, but you have to assume the worst case when you have no data. That is what I do.

That is why I would prefer to try any drastic changes on another P99 server, as I mentioned before. That way we don't lose players, and we get to see what will happen definitively. I agree with you that there are other factors in TLP that affect player turnaround, but it really is the closest analogy we have to P99.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-20-2022 at 01:32 PM..