View Single Post
Old 09-20-2022, 12:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is one surefire way to determine the best course of action, but it will probably never happen.

When the next Green Server comes, put faster raid respawns on it. Roll the old Green characters into Blue and keep the normal raid respawn timers on Blue.

Then we have two servers, one with normal raid respawn timers and one with faster raid respawn timers. Then we will see which server ends up with more players at the end of the next Green server, and we don't lose existing players because you can still play Blue.

Based on the current data (TLP vs P99), I think the normal raid respawn timers will win. But you never know.
The numbers could be lower. In fact I suspect they probably will be by a little bit. I just think lower numbers with a healthy endgame is preferable to more players with extremely toxic nonsense. That's all. Being that P99 isn't a business trying to make money it doesn't harm them to have slightly less players. As long as there's enough players to do stuff it's fine. I've been on other emu servers with ~100 players and it was still fun. I don't think there's any chance P99 dips under like 400-500 per server at peak almost no matter what they do. I do like the idea of trying new things on green 2.0 though! That's a good way to experiment without compromising blue. If it ends up being bad for whatever reason they can always nix it for green 3.0 in 2078