View Single Post
Old 05-18-2023, 09:12 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
got this installed as 90% of the time I'm playing p99 on my lil chromebook running Lubuntu, program loads up but anytime I do or press any of the hotkeys it says "terminal too small" and stops responding pretty much.
This is a pretty interesting bug!

`Terminal too small` should only render if the terminal window is smaller than 80x40 characters (see here). It sounds like, for some reason, your terminal emulator thinks it is that size following a key press event.

What terminal emulator are you using with Lubuntu? I haven't tried too many, but eqalert works as expected when using the `terminator` terminal emulator.

Does this issue persist if you run the parser in docker or does ~/.eqa/log/eqalert.log show any errors?

If this is a persistent compatibility issue between ncurses and a prominent terminal emulator, I will probably re-prioritize writing a GUI (which is 99% of the windows compatibility issue as windows really doesn't work well with ncurses either).