View Single Post
Old 07-27-2022, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

The statement "DPS is unimportant" is obviously vastly overstated and nonsensical on its face, but as usual Shamwowi's actual point is better than his ability to deliver it.

His point being more that "optimized dps is not important" and that's more true. A suboptimal but reasonably balanced group can do probably 80% of the efficiency of a perfect composition for the given era, and that's really good enough for grinding xp when it comes to doing pick up groups.

However, I'd stand by what I said at the beginning of the thread, pre-Kunark rogues are VERY sub-optimal to the degree that it definitely does make a difference and I don't blame anyone for not really wanting them in groups if they had the choice on green.

Lacking the wider range of haste items, higher haste percentages, improved ratio weapons, and the massive boost of double backstab at 55+, I'm sticking with the rogue class as most underpowered in the classic/vanilla era.

A nearly completely group dependent class that generally slows groups down versus most other DPS options in the pre-expansion game, and needs a tank in group to function at all so all those pet-centric xp groups in sub-50 classic timeline don't have any use for you at all.