View Single Post
Old 03-17-2023, 05:56 AM
Sarnak

For melee I think it boils down to

- ToV bind if you're raiding and especially if you raid park a lot.

- "Flex" bind slot, meaning you simply bind wherever's closest to where you're active, will serve you best when leveling, especially if you play off-hours.

- Cities: Pre-velious it's better to be close to rings than spires if you have to choose because wizards are not as common and arguably have inferior port-locations and still don't have TL. It's not worth the time farming the plat but I ever had the plat I seriously would consider paying for a locketbind at WC rings. As far as cities go, Erudin/Paineel has both spires and rings in the adjacent zone but little traffic there. Kaladim, Neriak, Oggok and Felwithe have respective rings or spires in adjacent zones. I haven't timed the run to WC but I suspect that Neriak is the superior option to WFP. Rivervale has a nearby ring and there's usually a bit more life there I find. Surefall is interesting with druids able to teleport there. Iceclad has both spires and rings in the same zone but is less safe. Overthere is interesting, a bit harder to find a port but there's a bit of traffic there. You can do corpse runs in Kunark even if it hurts.

Hybrid close to port and worthwhile locations: Kael and Skyshrine are similar stories and if you're factioned can be considered safe-ish and is also relevant for raiding. PoM locket-bind is also good, access to velious and nearby rings and spires.

Personally I'd default to Neriak if evil or WFP if good simply due to these places having more traffic = less waiting to find a port. I think Surefall and Rivervale are interesting contenders. Throughout my leveling and hunting I'd move binds frequently. Later I'd consider Skyshrine or Kael depending on faction and when I'd have too much money I'd consider getting a locket bind: WC rings, ToV or PoM depending on my aims.