View Single Post
Old 02-08-2023, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good info thanks.

Sub-question: BFG sounds fun. I'm concerned they may not be planks left on the server.

How must-have is a BFG for a Ranger?
If they merge green more will be available. There are a few now on blue and they are like 120-150k I think. I got mine for 60k a couple years ago.

It’s really just more utility. As a normal weapon if you keep making and feeding it Tolan arrows it performs like a 11/18-12/18 seemingly if stuff isn’t rooted or fleeing. You get double damage and crits. On disc it’s basically double-damage for 2 mins (10-12k or so). A long fight much of that advantage disappears.

We did a Faydedar the other say. It was another quick fight (1.5mins). With shiss, wolf form, and 8dmg arrows I did 107dps. A top tier rogue did 157 lol. But I expect I still did about twice what the average ranger would have. Or 30% more than a ToV geared one.

It’s really just more fun. And they don’t drop so I’d rather spend the plat on that MQ than a Earthcaller. You will definitely get one of those if you keep at it! It’s a time locked server.