View Single Post
Old 06-12-2023, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakkan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Idols make things happen until they don't. Certainly a balance of needing that extra body at a raid vs having a zerg that it won't matter and it's useful to have someone continuing to farm idols and holding the camp down - someone has to do that dumb job. That's EQ at the raid level. I see it both ways. It pays because it's so boring - wouldn't you want to "play" the game instead? It should pay double! ha
Our guild definitely does the idol camp and awards DKP you are correct, I did not know they qualified for all the raids going on while doing idol/scepter camp, that's a interesting factor... Now I understand why we got people doing that all day, because I thought they were just getting the DKP for what we give when doing that camp(which is not much).. Technically they are making even more DKP then the active raiders, quite funny! That being said, I might need to get on that horse since I WFH and that's an ideal way to earn DKP and help the guild whereas I cannot actively raid during work. I think it makes sense that guilds like having someone on it 24/7 though because the second someone logs off that camp, another guild can snatch it up for however long straight, so it makes sense they reward people to keep it locked down as a poopsock advantage.