View Single Post
Old 03-06-2023, 08:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AC hasn't been broken here for 5 years.
It is still broken - just not so severely and in a different direction - I don't want to downplay how the implementation has improved, because it really has.

The issue, as you identify, are there are many mobs which are massively overtuned. The classic velious experience is AC hard cap (at a relatively achievable number) and very late velious minimal gains after the cap for the tankiest classes. On this server, most classes make decent gains after the cap as a fudge to make amends for the overtuned mobs.

This was fudged as it was apparently easier to produce classic differences in tankiness between classes that way rather than rebalance and retest everything from the top down. I can respect that logic.

Due to the work involved in rebalancing every single mob in the game (not just for attack, but accuracy, avoidance and mitigation too) I don't see the issue ever being resolved to full classic. That is a bit of a shame, but since the current implementation has SoV being defeated day 1 in Kunark gear, and the massive over proliferation of high end gear p99 servers accumulate it does seem to be a compromise which works reasonably well.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung