View Single Post
Old 05-20-2023, 02:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BotW was too easy, I just ran away from from most fights because there is no incentive to fight as you just break/damage your weapons. So many fights you lose resources, I started running away from everything unless there was an item in the area. Also I did the bare minimum quest wise, then tried to see how far I could get into the main castle. I managed to go through the main castle dungeon and work my way to the very backside of the castle and climb it straight to the main boss of the game. I literally fought 3-4 mobs then climbed a ton of walls all the way to Ganon. Boring, dumb, easy. I only had 8-9 hearts, but i found that fruit that you could make that gives you 20 hearts, I just keep eating those fruits, like 15 of them, and I beat him. I don't think I did 2/3rds of the content. I was surprised the main quest didn't take longer, way too easy. The original game you had to do 8 hard azz dungeons and puzzles, mazes. I expected to run into barriers, locked doors or something, or Gannon would whoop me and I'd have to gear up better. I loved the game and everything, one of the best games I've played, but that specific fight at the end needs a serious boost, or they need to nerf the food.
Yeah, that's a natural outcome of trying to make the game as open world and sandboxy as possible. It has pros and cons, but one of the major pros is that the game is highly replayable. The first time I played the game I went to Zora's domain first and fought the elephant divine beast. The next time I played it I went to gerudo desert and fought the camel one first and it was just a completely different experience, because the enemies in the game get harder as you make progress. There are *still* some shrines I've never even been to. You can play the whole game and never even go to Eventide island which was one of the most fun parts of the game for me.

I also just avoided most enemy camps, especially on master mode, *until* I had made enough progress that the gold versions of basic enemies started spawning, which drop diamonds and rubies and sapphires and shit. Then it was suddenly worthwhile to clear them, and they're pretty challenging fights on their own. Plus tackling lynels just never gets old, the combat system is so satisfying once you get flurry rushes and parrying down.