View Single Post
Old 05-19-2023, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

Idk I guess I'm in the minority here, but tears of the kingdom kinda makes breath of the wild unplayable....at least to me anyway. I dunno if I could go back to no building, no fusing weapons, no Depths, no Sky Islands. The special abilities are totally different in each game, but I found botws abilities tedious and only used them when I absolutely was forced to use them. Where as with tears of the kingdom I'm constantly wanting to use them, or find new ways to use them.

Perhaps it'd be cool if you didn't know anything about tears of the kingdom when you start playing breath of the wild? Because then you'd basically be extending the game experiences length. Starting with the more minimal approach in breath of the wild and let you get acclimated in the world, characters, and gameplay before opening up the giant pandoras box of exploration, creativity, and wonder that comes with tears of the kingdom. Maybe that's why I'm so floored with the new game in the first place? Who knows.

I do know that I haven't been this impressed with a game in a very long time tho. I even bought a 2nd copy so my kids and I can stop having to take turns to play it rofl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Both BotW and TotK, though single player, give me hope that the best MMOs are yet to come. Imagine a version of EQ with all the environmental interaction that these games have.
I completely agree! If this game had multiplayer, and some kind of a class system, it'd be near perfect for what I'd want in a sandbox world to explore and play in.

Multiplayer behind these kind of concepts would be revolutionary in the mmo genre. You never know, multiple developers started mimicking things from breath of the wild after it released. Hopefully some developers take notice of what TOTK is doing here.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 05-19-2023 at 06:13 PM..