View Single Post
Old 10-16-2022, 08:23 AM
Planar Protector

Default How was /list received on Green?

I didn't play much when Green first launched so I didn't get to experience the /list system personally, but it sounded reasonable to me.

A few days ago I was camping Verix and I was told to type /list because otherwise I guess someone else could come in and /list themselves and get the loot even though I was the one killing/camping the mob? I'm still not 100% sure how it works.

So this was my first experience with /list and it wasn't exactly positive. The AFK checks occurred way too frequently, there were no messages in chat so I couldn't set up any audio warnings in GINA, and sometimes it'd tell me to type stuff in chat and never give me any response as to whether I did it correctly or not.

I could see this becoming really annoying if I was camping something like a manastone. Normally I'd be able to AFK for 28 minutes between spawns to go make food or whatever, but the /list system seems to just make camping a lot more inconvenient with these random and frequent AFK checks. Why would it matter if I go AFK for 5 minutes in the middle of a mob's respawn, especially if I'm one of the people just waiting on the camp to open up?

If you fail one of these checks, do you just get kicked potentially 10+ hours to the back of the line? Now I'm a bit weary of using this system if a new fresh server launches without any changes to it.