Thread: Know your role
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2022, 07:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't ever remember thinking of a deliberate strategy before a date, but I've been in a consistent relationship of some kind since 2004. My memories are pretty spotty from about 2000-2013 because of rampant drug abuse, though, so it checks out.

But hey, if it takes strategy, and everyone's having a good time, then rock them lines. I never got anywhere with deliberate pickup lines, but I did used to memorize jokes before parties or whatever.

My wife now, when we met, I had mentioned that I was embarrassed about having a zit on my mouth during casual conversation. I told her it was probably herpes. We've been together since.
I don’t really look up pick up lines. I prefer for conversations to happen more organically than walking up and firing off some cheesy line

I DO look up interesting questions and only use them during lulls in the conversation while on dates. Something like “ok, I have kind an unusual question for you, do you have any particular pet peeves?” Or “do you have any guilty pleasures?”

I got the idea from a girl I was messaging on bumble. I had just finished asking what part of town she was living in and what she did for work, and her answers were really short and she seemed annoyed (keep in mind this was online though). Then she responded with “I’m sorry for being rude, I’ve been on these sites a long time and I get tired of answering the same questions over and over”

It ultimately didn’t work out with her, but it gave me the idea to ask interesting, unusual questions sometimes to mix things up. But I wasn’t clever enough to come up with my own always. So I would a few up ahead of time. It shouldn’t be the entire approach though, only a few minutes filler

Lol I get mouth zits too. Always a gamble to point one out, because if they didn’t notice it before now they for sure will. Glad it worked out for you though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].