View Single Post
Old 02-17-2022, 03:11 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1) Lets not get into the hassle of even getting the lvl 60 dragon and giant spells which are basically throwing peridots at raid targets. Nobody is disputing that a wizard can throw out some heavy damage in raids, Wizard is a great raiding class although it appears to be dethroned by rogues in Velious, if you're in a top guild anyways.

2) Getting gnarled staff on a quake and uncontested, that's ridiculous luck that nobody should ever hope for. The rest is admittedly a cakewalk in comparison. You basically gotta pick a guild that either wins VS races consistently and meet whatever silly attendence criteria they have OR be in a guild that does 2nd rate targets like VS on quakes and hope they actually care enough to do VS early.

3) At the end of the day, even trying your best wizards cannot handle grouping well and match a rogue or monk in damage output. The few tools we bring (root, evac and stuns) can be filled by other classes in the comp. Does it mean we never get invited to a group? No, but it does mean we're not a good grouping class.
1) Giant bane nuke is easy to get. One-groupable targets that are hardly ever down. Dragon bane on the other hand, a lot more difficult due to the rarity of Myga.

2) It really wasn't that hard, nor was it a lot of luck. I'm not sure what server you're playing on, but every quake (and now there's around 3 a month due to recent GM changes) we have hours to decide if we want to go for VS or not, before any other guild even bothers. Maybe your guild/alliance hasn't been prioritizing that target? Idk.

3) I'm sorry to hear that you haven't had an enjoyable experience with grouping. Imo the best utility a wizard brings a group is not sustained DPS like a monk or a rogue, but their ability to burst targets down quickly in sticky situations. If you are in fact a wizard speaking from a wizard perspective, I would recommend forming your own groups, or finding some friends that enjoy trying something other than the perceived notion of what is optimal. Not everyone's trying to constantly min/max their groups.

Edit: OP is starting a wizard because they are interested in playing the class. So while your goal may be to provide all the negatives and why a wizard is useless and to discourage OP from even trying in the first place, my goal here is to provide insight on why I've had positive experiences as a wizard, to encourage OP to give it a try because there's often a lot of overlooked or underutilized utility with the class. Has it been easy the whole way? Absolutely not. Has it been rewarding in the end? You bet.
Tahzo - 60 Phantasmist - Blue
Last edited by Sylex; 02-17-2022 at 03:18 PM..