View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ripostes almost dont matter at all, even tanking like HoT at 60. Let alone blue con xp stuff.

I wouldnt say the GM is better than the epic (not even close). Better proc, way better dps with the last iteration of the damage bonus. But as a pleb tanking weapon that goes well with a flurry or Sevelak shield the GM is solid. 25 MR again is really nice. Even if it doesnt land the proc does aggro, again...great.

It's a brilliantly fun quest. I just wish I didnt dislike iksars and especially their 2h swing animation. If I had a RL buddy who wanted to start the same race and do a bunch of the town quests id go Iksar all the way, probably do all the armor quests too. Plus grinding in HK wouldnt be so friggin annoying since you actually fit in the hallways.
Oh yeah, I am sure the quest is fun. I have considered making an Iksar SK and doing something similar to what OP wants to do (rely on drops/quests). I just don't have the time, and I think I would miss Blood Ember items too much. I honestly wish Greenmist was better, because then it would offset the lack of Blood Ember more.

I think what Danth was talking about in terms of Riposte is how much extra damage you take vs. what you heal. Greenmist is basically giving you 300 HP/Minute assuming you proc twice per minute. But if you are fighting a mob that does 140 damage per hit, you may end up taking at least 280 damage in that minute by triggering two more ripostes. So Danth wants to know if using a 1H sword like Greenmist would end up causing enough Ripostes to cancel out the healing. I don't think he was suggesting you need to heavily worry about Ripostes in general. If that is the case, then technically you aren't getting any healing with Greenmist when compared to using a 2h weapon like Argent Protector. At that point you are just getting 300 damage per minute via the procs.

However, when soloing you will typically be fear kiting anyway. This means you aren't going to be riposted much, but you also are not going to need the Greenmist's healing as much. Fear kiting is the reason why Blood Ember typically out-performs the Greenmist DoT. Saving a bunch of mana on Snare and/or Fear means you can spend more time fear kiting, and less time meditating. Mana is the bottleneck when fear kiting typically, not HP, because fear kiting heavily reduces how much damage you take.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-26-2023 at 02:00 PM..