Thread: GoblinLounge
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2023, 11:35 AM
Sarnak

Sweet
Quote:
Sure, I'll make a note of Evennia MUD/MU* Creation System for you. It's a Python-based MUD/MU* creation system that provides a framework for building text-based online multiplayer games. You can find more information and resources on their website at evennia.com.
I'll state quickly also the decision to use Python for the "game engine", "backbone", "database" parts or whatever is cuz I heard how Python's strength lies in analysis and data and such. From a completely ignorant perspective I think it would lend itself to what I day dream about. Other than that, my motivation was moving for the sake of motion. It seems like any kinda game idea out there was able to at least function regardless of what language it started in. I have no other criteria to base this decision. Except also, I've read Python is relatively easy to learn from many others.

Is there anything anyone with knowledge could point out to let me know if I've made some glaring oversight? Otherwise I'm assuming I'm better of just sticking with whatever I've arbitrarily chosen and not getting hung up on if I'm investing time into "most optimized" path or platform for this.