View Single Post
Old 12-20-2022, 05:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From what I know of the OP’s goals that he’s previously stated in other threads, it’s not about the gear as much as the experience of raiding or doing a difficult or lucrative camp

So the recommendation of grinding plat to buy group or raid gear isn’t going to be as appealing

Hope I not putting the wrong words in your mouth OP. I agree with you that the high end especially on green is probably too cutthroat, and because of that like you I also don’t bother
No, that's basically all correct.

I spent so long on this server porting many of you as a member of DaP, taking groups to far off Wakening Lands and the like, watching them run along their merry way to great adventures and legendary treasures, all the while wishing I could join them. But no one's going to take a wizard for anything and even if I did a pity tag along, they'd never dream of letting me loot anything. This was before it got to be too much and I committed probably the closest thing to EQ suicide by letting the gnomes in WW beat me up from levels 52 to 4.

Kept that character around because he was one of the lucky few to ever get something interesting; a seaworthy planking. But no one wanted to buy that and I just deleted the character recently. Can't even succeed in that fashion I guess.

Tried again on another character but it's all just the same. Can't win anything, feel like a massive loser, don't want to confront anyone or try to cheat my way into a decent camp. Just watched guilds scramble around with all of their underhanded tricks and tactics to one-up each other on boss kills during the quake last night. I don't have a chance on this server. How does one compete against that?

Just want to feel some kind of victory one of these days, that's all.
Last edited by tadkins; 12-20-2022 at 06:03 PM..